2011. May - June
All my life is solely in paintings. The biggest disappointments. The biggest dramas are connected with my failures in painting. I have never had such experiences with people, as I have had with my paintings or the creations of others.
In the Latvian pictorial art the name of Helena Heinrihsone is associated with things distinctive only to her: being too open, too colorful, and too expressive. But her challenge has never been self aimed or empty. Someone had named it area painting (during the 1990s) but Helena has always emphasized the esence of content through purity of color and form.
1. Vasaras ķērāja,165x125,2000 2. Vasaras vārti, 162x130,1994 3. Nirēju pāris jūra. 162x130,1994
4. Divi, 140x140, 2008 5. Lapas, 110x130, 2007 6. Nakts Venēcijā, 120x100, 2008
7. Safran, 120x100, 2009 8. Raudāšana naktī, 146x130, 2004 9. Sarkanā, 130x146, 2008
10. Gavilējošie zēni, 130x146, 2002 11. Divi. 130x130, 2008-2009 12. Apsnigušas rozes, 114x146, 2008
13. Pastaiga mežā, 146x114, 2001 14. Nirējs saulrietā, 162x114, 2001 15. Daiļslidotājs, 190x110, 1991
16. Ūdenskritums, 163x170, 2002 17. Roze ar lapām, 198x147, 2007 18. Pakaļdzīšanās, 220x200, 2007
19. Frīda, 170x200, 2006 20. Atspīdums, 80x60, 2011 21. Sarkanā, 50x60, 2010
22. Siena, 45x60, 2009 23. Nakts lidoņi, 40x50, 2009 24. Baltais, 35x45, 2001
25. Rozā, 41x51, 2009 26. Sarkanā, 41x51, 2009 27. Sarkanā raudātāja, 137x96, 1998-2004
28. Roze un divi vīrieši, 114x146 29. Melnās kājas. 120x100, 2005 30. Divas draudzenes. 55x55, 2001
Ivars Heinrihsons (1945) is the finest exponent of lyrical Neo-expressionism in Latvia contemporary painting. His is a sophisticated achromatic palette of colours where a black line or field is the basis of eerything providing expression and stability. The painters cources of inspiration are very concrete and reveal the inner forms of expression of his ego.
Ivars Heinrihsons is open to the world and other media, he can give in for eksperiments beyond the two-dimensional plane, but his inheret perfectionism makes him work to refine of what has been found, for it is the only way to achieve quality. Unobtrusively yet steadily, he concentrates ever more on particular increasingly abstracted images (the piano, horses and horses again), the expressive power being combined with laconism or sophisticated linearity, and every compositional, tonal or textural detail pbtains growing importance.
D. habil. Art. Eduards Kļaviņš, profesor of the Latvian Academy of Art
1. Ekspresija, 240x200, 2010 2. Lidojošās. 220x200, 2010 3. Kustība, 220x200, 2010
4. Vienradzis, 220x200, 2010 5. Balerīna, 220x200, 2010 6. Divi zirgi - saskare, 147x198, 2000
7. Divi zirgi, 180x170, 2008 8. Gaisma, 162x130, 2010 9. Spēle, 162x130, 2009/2010
10. Uz tumsu, 155x150, 1020 11. Divi zirgi - līnijzirgi, 180x150 2010 12. No tumsas, 150x140, 1991
13. Skrējiens, 114x195, 1998 14. Zirga savaldīšana, 100x120, 2008
15. Melnais skrējiens, 89x116, 1995 16. Zirgs, 90x80, 1997 17. Zirga galva I, 90x70, 2010
18. Balerīna, 160x81, 2010 19. Balerīns, 80x60, 2008 20. Marokas zirgi I, 40x130, 2009
21. Marokas zirgi II, 40x130, 2009
22. Zirga ģeometrija, 60x50, 2001 23. Divi zirgi, 65x60, 2009 24. Zirga galva, 60x80, 2000
25. Zirgi II, 120x90, 2007/2009 26. Baltais zirgs, 120x90, 2008
Anna Heinrihsone has graduated stage designing in Latvian Art Academy. And until this moment she has been making decorations and costumes for about 30 shows in various theatres in Latvia, and has earned approving valuations. However, parallel to scenography she is also painting.
It is an absolutely solitary world of images - Anna Heinrihsone's "theatre of mimes", in which every new painting is perceptible as a sequel of the last.
The artist in her paintings has directness typical to the drawing of children, and it leads us into ironical, stinging and tragicomic world of images, and the faces of the people that show their experienced revelation of lifetime - old and young -, angels, circus clowns, masks - all of them cry and laugh, grieve and pause in an emotional heighteness.
Born: Riga, 30.07.70.
Education: J. Rozentāla Art College, Latvian Academy of Arts - Faculty of Stage-design, Latvian Academy of Arts - Master Degree program.
Personal exhibition: 1997 1997", Gallery of Ivonna Veiherte, Riga; 2004 Thanksgiving Day", Maksla XO Gallery, Rīga; 2005 Comedy addict. Cowns diary", Maksla XO Gallery,Riga; 2007 "Lacrima", Maksla XO Gallery, Riga . Stage Design: Since 1995- overall 27 performance
Awards: 1999 The Best TV audio visual design prize; 2000 The Best Theatre Costumes Designer
1. Dejojošie mūki I, 80x90, 2007 2. Dejojošie mūki II, 80x90, 2007 3. Dejojošie mūki III, 80x90, 2007
4. Vecums I, 100x90, 2010 5. Vecums II, 100x90, 2010 6. Kāds ar spoguli I, 80x120
7. Kāds ar spoguli II, 80x120, 2010 8. Galva I, 30x24, 2010 9. Galva II, 30x24, 2010
10. Galva III, 30x24, 2010 11. Galva IV, 30x24, 2010 12. Galva V, 30x24, 2010
13. Skulptūra I, 2010 14. Skulptūra I, 2010 15. Skulptūra II, 2010